Exciting plans have been announced for a brand-new Santa’s Grotto experience in the heart of Altrincham on George Street across two weekends in December. Kids of Cheshire in partnership with Altrincham BID have created a unique Winter Wonderland experience to meet Santa Claus in a snow-topped igloo complete with craft making station and festive fun!
Children will venture into a specially created Winter Wonderland and journey through the snowy forest to Santa’s igloo to meet with Santa and receive a small gift along with the opportunity to take part in craft sessions with Santa’s Elves.
Artistic Director of Kids of Cheshire, Riva Danson, explained, “We’re so excited to be delivering this magical experience to my hometown of Altrincham working alongside Altrincham BID helping to spread Christmas cheer in the town with a spectacular Santa’s Grotto for all to enjoy”.
Altrincham resident, Riva, launched Kids of Cheshire as a new local Family Club which offers unique events for young families creating an inclusive environment for imaginative play and discovery. The commercial interior designer took inspiration from her journey becoming a mum of two and identified the need for a local family club which caters for both parent and child.
This latest yuletide experience runs across two weekends in December, on Saturday 3rd, Sunday 4th and Saturday 10th - 11th December from 10am - 4pm. Tickets can be booked on Eventbrite.co.uk and cost £11 plus booking fee.
This experience is part of Altrincham’s Christmas calendar and there’s lots of other family friendly entertainment in the town over Christmas including:
• Snow fall at One Central every Saturday and Sunday at 1pm and 4pm with Après ski style food and drink including mulled wine, hot chocolates, Christmas inspired cocktails and more.
• Write and post a letter to Santa at The Hive by VH Interiors. Santa’s Elves have installed a special North Pole Office, Pole Box at The Hive, the Elves have also left Santa letters for good little girls and boys to fill in!
• Christmas craft workshops at Nerd including wreath making, personalised photo baubles and gingerbread decorating.
• Christmas movies at Gran T's Coffee House, the Everyman Altrincham, and Vue Cinema.
• Christmas wrapping station and craft activities for children in the ‘Not So Secret Grotto’ in the Stamford Quarter.
• Dick Whittington at the Altrincham Garrick Playhouse and A Christmas Carol at Planet Ice.
• Here Comes Santa Christmas Parties at Little World for Scholars.
• Family Discos at the Best Western Cresta Court Hotel including balloon modelling, face painting & party games.
• Carols from King’s Court with the Music Place Choir on Tuesday 13th December from 6pm with the Music Place Choir, and festive food and drink from the King’s Court businesses.
The town also has a fantastic selection of restaurants, bars and cafes making it the perfect place to celebrate with family and friends. With a huge variety of shops including high street favourites and independents, it is the perfect place to tick-off everything on your Christmas shopping list.
Click on the link below for more information about Christmas entertainment and events in Altrincham.